Glimpses of 5th Uttarakhand Bird Festival 2018 at Thano
5th Spring Uttarakhand Bird Festival started on 9th of March and now finished on 11th March 2018. State Chief Minister Honurable Shree Trivendra Singh Rawat ji inaugurated the Bird Festival officially at Thano, a town near state capital Dehradun at the foothills of Himalaya. The purpose of this festival to promote bird tourism, eco tourism in the state for local community benefits. The new checklist of birds for destination Thano now cross 200 numbers. 22 more new species found this year at Thano, which is good achievement for locals to promote it as birding destination. People from around the world (50 foreigners) from Brazil, Philippines, USA, Italy, Canada, Greece, Russia, France, UK, Israel, Germany, Columbia, Slovakia, and Turkey about 14 countries also participated in this event and help us to make it global.
Activities performed during this event
- Bird watching on following Trails. (a) Ranikhet village trail, (b) Mindhewala Village Trail (c) Sriyon Village Trail
- Thano Heritage Walk
- School and Institution Birding
- Children Activities for their awareness towards environment and conservation.
- Film Show, Talk show on Vulture Conservation in India
- Photography Work Shop, Techniques, Exposure, timing, and ethical practices.
- Development of Rural Eco Tourism
- Panel Discussion – Promoting entrepreneurship & employment through Bird Watching in Uttarakhand