Package Name :Bird Watching Tours at Rajaji Tiger Reserve
Duration: 6 Days/5 Nights. Dates: 12th December-17th December
About Rajaji Tiger Reserve
Rajaji hums with life; it is one of the most diverse range of wildlife habitats in the country. A total of 49 species of mammals are known to be present here, including the Asian Elephant and the Tiger which are highly endangered species. One may get to watch a herd of elephants roaming majestically in the jungle or even a tiger picking its way through the tall grass or the visitor may get excited by various kinds of wildlife including Cheetal, Sambhar, Wild Boar, Barking Deer, Langur, Monitor Lizard, Leopard, Himalayan Yellow Throated Marten, Sloth Bear, Python, Civet Cat and even King-Cobra.
A vast variety of winged delights include Peo Fowl, Jungle Fowl, Kaleej Pheasant, Hornbill,
Woodpecker, Thrush, Kingfisher, Parakeet, Warbler, Barbet, FInch, Indian Roller, Oriole and the
list goes on.
Many other rare birds like the paradise flycatcher, oriole, scarlet minivet, sunbird, crimson sunbird, leafbird, plum-headed and rose-ringed parakeet, oriental magpie robin, emerald dove, green pigeon, spot-billed duck, Asian open-bill, woolly-necked stork, four species of kingfisher and many species of ducks are in plenty in this reserve.
Rajaji is home to 384 bird species belonging to 57 families. Out of the total species, 89 are migrants, 145 resident, 53 altitidinal migrant, 8 local migrants and status of 18 is unknown, which include birds like White-Napped Woodpecker, Lesser Spotted Eagle, Northen Gorshawk, etc.
This tour cover central, eastern and Southern part of Rajaji National Park, which include the Gauri Range, Chilla Range, Motichur Range, Ranipur Range, Jhilmil Jheel Conservation Reserve
12 Participant with 2 Birding Guides in two group.
Relaxed, in Core zone of Rajaji on Gypsies. Rest on Foot.
Comfortable Camps at Rajaji Wild Trail.
Photographic Opportinuties :
General Itinerary :
- Day 1: Check in by 11:00 noon at Rajaji Wild Trail, Lunch, Evening Birding near stay
- Day 2: Early moring breakfast, 3-4 hours Bird watching at Chilla (Core zone) on Gypsy, Lunch at Camp, Evening birding along with Canal/River Ganga
- Day 3: Birding near Chaurasi Kutiya and Moni baba cave, using Gypsy. Evening birding at Gauri Range using Gypsy
- Day 4: Morning Birding at Motichur (core zone) on Gypsy, Evening birding at Satyanarayan Forest along with Song River
- Day 5: All day Birding in Jhilmil Jheel Conservation Reserve, lunch at Rest house.
- Day 6: Morning Birding at Ranipur (core zone) on Gypsy, After Lunch at 12:00 Checkout from Camp
View Checklist of Birds of Rajaji National Park
INR. 16665/- per person or Rs.3333/- per person per night
- 3 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) for all Days as per itinerary. Evening snacks Days with Tea/Coffee.
- Morning, Evening Birding/Wildlife Photography Trips and some time whole days as required
- Shared Stay in neat and clean Camps at Rajaji Wild Trail.
- Indoor Games (Carom/badminton/Chess), whatever available in Camps.
- Local Transport (Gypsy/Jeep) Charges, where ever required. As some of Places are more than 20 km far from Camp site.
- Entry Fees of Core Zone of Rajaji.
- Pickup from Haridwar Railway Station at 11 am First Day and Dropping at Hardwar Railway Station at 1 pm.
- Whatever not included
- Any Personal type expenditure
How to Reach
Firstly you have to Reach Haridwar city. Haridwar well connected
through Bus, Train and Airport (30 Km). From Delhi there are regular direct Trains (including 2 Shatabdi Express),
Busess and Flights available.
Distance from Delhi: 225 Km.
In you need pickup and dropping from Jolly Grant Airport (about 50km from Camp) by Cab Rs.1800 will be extra.
For further query please contact us